Job vacancy - Production Engineer
Position: Production Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
Title: Production Engineer
Do you have a HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering? Do you have proven track record in production engineering? Do you have experience of mechanical assembly and fixtures?
Production Engineer required around Newhaven
Salary upto £42,000
Location: around Newhaven
Working as a senior member of the manufacturing team reporting into the Operations Director. The role is to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the company's manufacturing capability, through the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools, thereby achieving the company's KPIs in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Environment. The role involves maintaining and improving the production processes such as, electro-mechanical assembly and electrical test
The Role of Production Engineer
- Improving and maintaining existing production processes, using lean tools to deliver right first time product to meet a demanding production schedule and customer base.
- Analyse and eliminate quality and production issues by using the appropriate problem solving techniques. Facilitating regular Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to help maintain and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Working on the implementation of factory layout projects to optimise the use of floor space, materials flow, personnel and cell design.
- Design and source tooling requirements for all manufacturing processes and NPI.
- Introduce new products into production. Ensuring all NPI milestones are delivered on time in the most cost effective way.
- Identify areas for improvement and produce coherent improvement plans.
- Carryout studies to establish baseline measurements and use the data to drive implementation of efficiency savings.
- Being able to communicate to all levels, both verbally and through documentation, including training shopfloor staff.
- Playing a leading role in the drive to achieve manufacturing excellence
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Production Engineer application?
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven track record in production engineering
- Experience of mechanical assembly and fixtures
- Experience gained in the electronics industry or lighting would be an advantage
- Must be an excellent problem solver and have proven practical experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent IT skills are essential
If you would like to learn more about the role of sales executive Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Production Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production Engineer role you desire.