Job vacancy - CNC Programmer
Position: CNC Programmer
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Our client has a new requirement for a CNC Programmer who will be expedcted to set up and run the company's 5 Axis machines alongside helping to produce the company's products in an accurate and timely way. You will operate various hot wire cutting machines, working mainly with EPS polystyrene. You will also work with the Product Design office to help plan and secure new work for the company.
- To actively engage and liaise with the Product Design office and customers as required to help quote, plan and secure the arrival of new projects effectively and profitably.
- To support the introduction of new jobs into any production plan by advising of the accurate timing and routing of jobs through the factory.
- To maximise the machine utilisation rate through efficient programming and preparation or scheduling of jobs to any specification requested.
- To organise and prioritise tasks, follow work instructions, engineering drawings and works orders, perform basic quality checks against product specifications and drawing tolerances
- Maintaining a well organised and tidy production facility, adhere to all Health & Safety requirements and ensure compliance with Company policies and training requirements.
- To operate all factory machinery in a safe and competent manner, in accordance with any instruction or training given, installation manual or course provided.
- Ideally 2 years' experience in CAD/CAM Programs and machine programming in 3 and 5 Axis, using Powermill or similar CAM packages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations would be beneficial.
ACS are recruiting for a CNC Programmer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a CNC Programmer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a CNC Programmer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a CNC Programmer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the CNC Programmer role you desire.