Job vacancy - Core Technology Manager
Position: Core Technology Manager
Location: Burgess Hill
Salary: £10,000 - £85,000 per annum
Title: Core Technology Manager
Do you have a proven ability to manage technology/innovation projects, delivering on time and to specification, with the resilience to overcome technical challenges? Do you have business and commercial awareness to identify technology opportunities, and ability to make balanced proposals for the technology plan? Do you have the able to build, develop, inspire, and direct a cohesive team?
Core Technology Manager required around Burgess Hill
Salary upto £100,000
Location: around Burgess Hill
The Role of Core Technology Manager
- The Core Technology Manager directs the strategy and manages the activities of a team of engineers and technologists, who are the subject matter experts in software, electronics, motors & drives.
- The manager must inspire the team to successfully develop innovative customer-enabling technologies, to maintain and extend Vacuum Technique's global leadership.
- The Core Technology Manager is responsible for defining and validating the software, electronics and motors roadmaps and working closely with the Vacuum Technique Business Area management team to ensure alignment with the business strategy.
- We require degree level or higher qualification in an electronics or software engineering discipline, and substantial experience of R&D management and product development in a high technology environment.
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Core Technology Manager application?
- A proven ability to manage technology/innovation projects, delivering on time and to specification, with the resilience to overcome technical challenges
- Fostering innovation to improve product design and performance
- Business and commercial awareness to identify technology opportunities, and ability to make balanced proposals for the technology plan.
- Able to build, develop, inspire, and direct a cohesive team
- Analytical approach with a proven ability to apply scientific principles
- Influencing, communication, presentation and negotiating skills at the highest levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to achieve credibility and command respect.
- Ideally the applicant will already have a comprehensive knowledge of software and electronics in scientific, engineering and industrial applications, markets and technologies. In particular, s/he will be acutely aware of how value can be created from data from smart and connected products.
- We are committed to understanding and meeting the needs of our customers, requiring collaboration with academic and industrial partners. The role may require some international travel.
If you would like to learn more about the role Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Core Technology Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Core Technology Manager please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Core Technology Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Core Technology Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Core Technology Manager role you desire.