Job vacancy - Researcher
Salary: Dependent on experience
Our client are currently looking for a recently graduated Researcher who can join their expanding team to develop algorithms and technology to solve a specified problem.
Main Responsibilities of the Researcher:
- Validate algorithm on synthetic and real data to assess strengths and weaknesses of proposed approach.
- Support rollout of new technology through internal presentations and user support.
- Promote use of new technology to clients through scientific publications and presentations.
- Keep informed of internal requirements by building close relationships with end users.
- Develop knowledge by reading academic publications, attending technical presentations, workshops, conferences and seminars.
Person Specification & Key Requirements:
- Educated to a PhD degree level in any of the following disciplines; Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Astrophysics, Fluid Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, or any other related technical degree.
- An MSc level (or equivalent) with experience would also be accepted.
- Strong mathematics skills, these are essential, as you must be capable of abstracting technical concepts with mathematical languages.
- Fantastic analytical and problem solving abilities and great attention to detail.
- Excellent coding skills, also essential for this role, particularly C/C++ or FORTRAN and preferably knowledge of high performance computation (MPI, multi-threading, GPU, etc.)
ACS are recruiting for a Researcher If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Researcher please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Researcher It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Researcher with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Researcher role you desire.