Job vacancy - Toolroom Manager
Position: Toolroom Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Title: Toolroom Manager
Toolroom Manager based in Lancing.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE FOR TOOLROOM MANAGER:
To assist the Managing Director in the day-to-day management and operation of the toolroom and ensuring the safety of our staff at all times. Leading by example, you will be able to motivate a team of people and set them clear objectives and responsibilities.
You will also be required to train, develop and mentor all toolroom employees, and ensure they maintain tooling in accordance with all drawings and comply with relevant H&S procedures. This will include ensuring this facility complies with all Health & Safety, Human Resource, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures, and appropriate regulations and standards are being adhered to.
- In conjunction with customer care & planning you will ensure that you distribute the flow of work through the toolroom to the relevant skilled staff, including the ordering of raw materials, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules and resolving problems as and when they arise.
- Work alongside the Senior toolmaker and designer to resolve technical issues in a prompt and professional manner
- Induct new employees in line with company policy
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- To work closely with other departments to ensure that communication from the tool room is clear and precise using effective communication tools.
- Ensure key toolroom performance targets (KPI's) are being met and assist in collating relevant data
- Implement your IOSH training and ensure H&S good practice across the facility, including the safe use of equipment and the correct PPE equipment has been issued and is being used
- Maintain safe and clean working environments for all staff, using the 6s approach and by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points
- Produce & collate risk assessments, safe systems of work and work instructions by working with and liaising with employees in small teams in compliance with company policy.
- To manage, develop, appraise and motivate employees' performance and ensure good communication is given verbally and/or written to members of staff.
- To be the main point of contact when Managing Director is off site and being able to make appropriate decisions while following the Company reporting structure.
Working hours: 8:00am-17.00pm Monday to Friday
ACS are recruiting for a Toolroom Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Toolroom Manager please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Toolroom Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Toolroom Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Toolroom Manager role you desire.