Job vacancy - Design & Development Engineer
Position: Design & Development Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
The design of new products & concepts, in-line with the business requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designs, verifies, prepares and maintains detailed technical design drawings, schematics or specifications using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and Microsoft software packages (Excel, Word etc) ready for manufacture.
- Prepares Manufacturing Instructions as required for new products.
- Resolves manufacturing issues within production readiness review at the early stages of product design and development.
- Works closely with design briefs supplied to resolve design details or discrepancies, or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs which require a high degree of precision using CAD (Computer Aided Design)or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) equipment.
Coordinates drawing and drawing control activities.
- Introduces new products and facilitates business continuity, product specifications, design drawings and production notes/reports, along with any ongoing support requirements that are to be documented and maintained.
- Interfaces as necessary with both internal and external customers during the design process.
- Support the design and development of mechanical interconnects with an understanding of the failure mode mechanisms and the principals required to eliminate these. Support the integration of these to customer systems.
- Ensures products are developed to achieve compliance with design objectives.
- Provides a formal handover of designed product from the prototype to production using the stage gates and design reviews.
- Adherence to current policies typically including COSHH for the introduction of new materials/chemicals into test, development or production.
- Carry out such other duties that may be reasonably requested.
- Experience in Military industry; or Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Subsea or Medical industries,
- Solid Design Engineering background
- Mechanical Engineer with a basic understanding of data rates and electronics
- Experience working within a team
- Demonstrable experience in introducing products into high risk environments (NPI)
- Strong understanding of designing a top-level
product which includes all components, BOM, technical processes, operations and logistics
- Strong background in LEAN 5s principals
- Reporting on NPI and delivering to KPIs
ACS are recruiting a Design Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Design Engineer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Design Engineer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Design Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Design Engineer role you desire.