Job vacancy - Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Position: Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Title: Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Electro-Mechanical Engineer based in Hook, Hampshire
Key responsibilities for Electro-Mechanical Engineer:
The role of Electro-Mechanical Engineer is wide-ranging and challenging: as part of the Production Team, you will be heavily involved in the electro-mechanical aspects of building, repairing, testing, and calibrating various equipment and control instrumentation within a Production /R & D environment.
The role is varied and requires the appointed person to be experienced in electro-mechanical assembly and be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
- Build fully tested products within required despatch date limitations and to the highest quality standards
- Carry out electro-mechanical assembly - involving sub-assemblies with mechanical parts and wiring into chassis/box builds
- Assemble or re-assemble various actuators (electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic, from small to large) to achieve correct operation and carry out required testing
- Conduct electronic testing of analogue and digital circuitry according to defined schedules.
- Fault finding on varied and often complex equipment and systems involving analogue and digital electronics
- Calibrating and servicing a broad range of boards, products and systems
Skills Required for Electro-Mechanical Engineer
- Practical wiring and looming experience - in addition 3-phase wiring experience.
- Experience with linear guides, ballscrews, bearings, belts, pulleys, various seals and similar mechanical components
- Good precision mechanical assembly skills
- Hydraulics knowledge is desirable
- Ideally have soldering skills on surface mount (0603) and through hole PCB
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, circuit diagrams and understand manuals, schematics, plans and specifications
- Good understanding and fault-finding capabilities to component level would be an advantage
- Ability to identify/offer problem solving solutions - in both production and R&D disciplines.
- Previous experience or general knowledge of sensors & transducers (pressure/ load) - temperature sensors would be an advantage
ACS are recruiting for an Electro-Mechanical Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Electro-Mechanical Engineer role you desire.