Job vacancy - Electrical Development Engineer
Position: Electrical Development Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Title: Electrical Development Engineer
Electrical Development Engineer based in Feltham, Middlesex.
The main purpose of the job is to design and develop new and modified equipment to extend the Company's product range and to meet changing and new requirements of customers, and to pre-empt/react to competitors' actions.
Key Responsibilities for Electrical Development Engineer:
- The jobholder must be able to make a technical judgement on the suitability of an item for the specification and performance. From the project specification he must be able to design prepare drawings; supervise the manufacture and testing of prototypes, pre-production and production batches of our electro-mechanical process equipment.
- Following an outline design, working drawings must be produced which will enable the Factory, Engineering Technician or sub-contractors to manufacture the new or modified parts. When these are available, they must be assembled and tested, initially without product and later with product.
- The Purchasing Department will usually obtain quotes for new or modified parts required for a project, but the Development Engineer must work with the buyer, and when a radically new or critical component is being sourced, Development should take the lead role in locating and negotiating specifications with potential suppliers.
- Liaison with all Company Departments involved including Purchasing, Stock Control, Production Control, Costing, Drawing Office, Manufacturing and Sales is required and also customers.
- Testing of prototypes and pre-production equipment is required in the Test Department and at customers' sites.
- Report writing on all aspects of design and performance to satisfactorily record equipment behaviour is essential.
Key Requirements for Electrical Development Engineer:
- HND/ HNC Electrical-Electronics Engineering.
ACS are recruiting for an Electrical Development Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Electrical Development Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Electrical Development Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Electrical Development Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Electrical Development Engineer role you desire.