Job vacancy - Engineering Manager
Position: Engineering Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Engineering Manager based in Cumbria
Key Responsibilities of Engineering Manager:
The successful applicant will lead a 50+ strong Engineering department, including craft production support, power plant and engineering apprentices. The department is operational 24/7. You will also manage the budget for the department from a resource and material perspective.
- As a key member of the business team delivering operational excellence, you will be responsible for leading the engineering strategy for a complex manufacturing environment, managing the energy generation and improving energy efficiency whilst supporting the group's long term growth plans
- Driving the engineering department's performance to world-class standards, ensuring the function's compliance with legislation along with making improvements to safety, quality, service and overall efficiency levels. You will be a Health and Safety advocate and influencer, leading by example to maintain adherence to company policies and guidelines
- Encouraging your team to engage proactively with other business departments, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of the business. Building a positive, business-centred maintenance team delivering real value to the wider organisation.
- Maintaining full engagement in performance development across your team and maintain an up-to-date record of all training and development activities/programs
Key Requirements of Engineering Manager:
- Must have experience leading a large team through change
- Must have experience in a unionised environment and from manufacturing background preferably consumer goods
- You will have a degree or equivalent qualification in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline, and have experience at a senior level in the maintenance of manufacturing, cutting and converting equipment
- Ideally holding an IOSH/NEBOSH qualification, you will have the ability to develop a vision for your department; having the courage to challenge the status quo and the discipline to deliver. You will have experience leading high-performance teams, foster a continuous improvement culture and be able to work with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an engineering manager successfully delivering demonstrable success/experience in driving a Total Productive Maintenance methodology within a World Class Manufacturing framework. Experience with modern maintenance techniques along with project management including capital investments would be beneficial
If you would like to learn more about the role of Engineering Manager Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for an Engineering Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Engineering Manager please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Engineering Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Engineering Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Engineering Manager role you desire.