Job vacancy - Product Quality Engineer
Position: Product Quality Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Product Quality Engineer
Product Quality Engineer based in Newhaven
Key Responsbilities of Product Quality Engineer:
- You will have responsibility for all aspects of product quality, covering internal manufacturing and assembly processes as well as products at customer sites
- You will be responsible for assuring that our products are delivered to our customers with zero defects by: generating and supporting Non-Conformances through to Root Cause-Corrective Action, complaint investigation and resolution, and Quality Assurance of our products
- You will instigate and generate Engineering Change when required, based on evaluation of issues as they arise and in the spirit of Continuous Improvement
- The role is varied and interesting; you will work with internal and external facing teams in pursuit of our zero-defects policy. You will be responsible for generating KPIs relevant to product quality
Key Requirements of Product Quality Engineer:
- Quality Engineer with 5+ years' experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of engineering drawing practice including GD&T and ability to interpret engineering specifications.
- A demonstrable understanding of MRP and allied systems. Demonstrable ability to create useful information and reports from system data input.
- Good Lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Proven experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Demonstrable understanding of process metrics such as SPC/CpK and capability studies and ability to use this information to improve production performance.
- Problem solving experience using tools such as 8D, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ISO9001:2015
If you would like to learn more about the role Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Product Quality Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Product Quality Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Product Quality Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Product Quality Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Product Quality Engineer role you desire.