Job vacancy - IT Technician
Position: IT Technician
Location: Burgess Hill
Salary: £40,000 - £44,500 per annum
The Role of IT Technician will be working on day-to-day helpdesk support ensuring incidents recorded correctly in the ticketing system and monitor those tickets until completion. Day to day support of training centre IT operations, including classrooms and briefing rooms Responsible for local server maintenance, updates, deployment.
- As an IT Technician, you will work on the assembly, configuration, installation and level 1/2/3 support of computer hardware and software including peripherals and components.
- Be responsible for all equipment in classrooms, briefing rooms, public areas etc. (including but not limited to PCs, screens, projectors, LCD display panels, printers/MFPs, tablets)
- Participates in internal/departmental project initiatives which may involve multiple IT/User groups.
- Support Telecommunications hardware/software assets such as VOIP, Cellular and mobile devices.
- Actively monitors, detects, and removes malware and illegal or non-authorized software.
- Participates in coordinating user relocation support for all IT equipment.
- Performs cleaning and preventive maintenance of IT equipment and network closets
To be successful for the role of IT Technician you would've worked previously in an IT end-user support environment.
We would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Extensive knowledge of support of computer hardware and software, telecommunications, and networking.
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of computer operating systems and office applications (Microsoft windows, O365, Outlook, VPN, antivirus, Encryption).
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of computer hardware, portable devices, and related peripherals.
- Strong knowledge of support principles, methods, and procedures in operating computers and peripheral equipment
- Understanding of ITIL processes
Please Note the role of IT Technician will be working shifts of 4 on 4 off including nights.
If you feel you have the skills to become the IT Technician, please apply for the role and a colleague from ACS Performance will be in touch.