Job vacancy - Interim Customs Director
Position: Interim Customs Director
Location: City of London
Salary: Dependent on experience
The role of Customs Director will have the overall responsibility for a team of customs experts, operatives and Managers. The Customs Director will have the responsibility for the customs clearance process across the business unit.
This position is inside IR35 with the potential to go Permanent.
- Accountability for all customs licenses and certificates to be maintained, ensuring they are compliant.
- Working closely with HMRC to ensure full governance.
- Accountability for the Customs KPI's across the business unit.
- Responsible for driving/improving optimization and process development.
- Supporting the business unit providing high-level guidance and advice on customs legislation where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the knowledge of the customs department, ensuring training is provided where necessary.
- Driving results regarding governance and process across the business.
- Timely decision making, often under complex and demanding circumstances.
- Challenging the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practice.
We would love to speak to anyone for the Customs Director who has experience of:
- Strong knowledge and experience UK, and EU customs regulations.
- Global Customs experience is essential for this role, with an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislations.
- Strong team management experience is essential for this role.
- Extensive experience in a customs multinational environment is essential for this role.
ACS are recruiting for a Customs Director. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Customs Director submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Customs Director. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Customs Director with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Customs Director role you desire.