Job vacancy - Senior Estimator
Position: Senior Estimator
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced Senior Estimator to work for our client.
They are looking to recruit someone with on-site experience working within the Civil Engineering industry. This is an ongoing contract based in their head office but will require you to travel to various sites throughout the UK.
The role of the Senior Estimator is to ensure highly competitive, carefully resourced, analysed tender costs and preparing quality submissions to clients. To work within Frameworks evaluating negotiated contracts. To be aware of company targets for new orders and aim to better them with profitable successful bids. Assist with budget prices for clients at early stages if time/capacity permits.
This role includes but is not limited to:
- Work to and within the company procedures, policies.
- Ensuring that tenders are submitted on time and are complete.
- Assessing tenders upon receipt and allocating them within estimating staff.
- Studying tender documentation and information provided.
- Identifying Client requirements and developing the best offer to meet them.
- Identify and evaluate risks to be taken by the company that are subject to the tender review process.
- Site visits and discussions with key subcontractors.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands.
- Submitting high-quality tenders to meet deadlines
- Calculate the net costs of a tender from first principle.
- HNC in Civil Engineering or NVQ Level 6 in Construction
- Association of Cost Engineers professional membership (desirable) Training
- Driving license
- Impeccable communication skills as this role will involve extensive communication with colleagues and stakeholders in the tender production
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Knowledge of compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation
- Effective influencing and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of estimating within a civil engineering company
- Minimum of 5 years site experience Personal qualities
Interested? If you think you're right for this Senior Estimator role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.