Job vacancy - Production Engineer
Position: Production Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
The role of the Production Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and providing engineering support to all elements of the manufacturing processes. You will undertake a wide range of process improvement and capital expenditure projects ensuring operational excellence principles are applied at all times.
- Provide engineering support and problem-solving expertise to ensure customer orders are delivered on time to appropriate standards of quality.
- Constantly review ways to improve production productivity and eliminate NVA activities via LEAN and 6 SIGMA principles.
- Initiate CAPEX proposals from concept, through feasibility to implementation.
- Lead, participate in and promote continuous improvement through the application of 6 SIGMA, 5s, SMED and LEAN principles within the facility.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to production staff to ensure individuals/teams reach suitable competence.
- Proven knowledge of engineering principles
- Experience of conducting feasibility studies, submitting justification proposals, purchasing and implementation of equipment.
- Basic Engineering and manufacturing knowledge.
- A proven track record of identifying, leading and participating in improvement projects through the application of operational excellence.
- Capable of accurately scoping out projects, creating logical work steps and using time and resources effectively.
- Ability to make good timely decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment without need for constant support.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Production Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.