Job vacancy - Production Process Engineer
Position: Production Process Engineer
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Production Process Engineer
Production Process Engineer Based in Newhaven.
Key Responsibilities of Production Process Engineer:
- Improving and maintaining existing production processes, using lean tools to deliver right first-time product to meet a demanding production schedule and customer base.
- Analyse and eliminate quality and production issues by using the appropriate problem-solving techniques. Facilitating regular Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to help maintain and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Working on the implementation of factory layout projects to optimise the use of floor space, materials flow, personnel and cell design.
- Design and source tooling requirements for all manufacturing processes and NPI.
- Introduce new products into production. Ensuring all NPI milestones are delivered on time most cost-effectively.
- Identify areas for improvement and produce coherent improvement plans.
- Carry out studies to establish baseline measurements and use the data to drive the implementation of efficiency savings.
Key Requirements of Production Process Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate, based within Sussex or the local area. Preferably with experience, or a good knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering, including Lean and Six Sigma production processes.
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven track record in production engineering.
- Experience of mechanical assembly and fixtures.
- Experience gained in the electronics industry or lighting would be an advantage.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and have proven practical experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent IT skills are essential.
ACS are recruiting for a Production Process Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production Process Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production Process Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production Process Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production Process Engineer role you desire.