Job vacancy - Buyer
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
The Buyer position is a 12 Month Contract, reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be taking responsibility for sourcing, purchasing and the delivery of materials and components. You will have involvement in the weekly running of the MPS/MRP from Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV). And developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of company products.
- Placing of Purchase Orders - maintaining accurate inbound delivery dates on Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) and liaising with Production, Customer Service and Goods-in warehouse.
- Control of free issue items to suppliers for the subcontract.
- Ensuring consistent regulatory compliance, Quality, OTIF and cost performance.
- Ensuring the MRP system reflects current trading conditions such as lead-time, ordering quantities, and price.
- Implementing and managing inventory levels to ensure product availability whilst minimizing obsolescence and driving inventory reduction.
- Proven experience as a buyer within a manufacturing environment; preferably with knowledge of subcontract and direct procurement of fabricated metal, bespoke manufactured parts, including metal and plastic machined components.
- Demonstratable experience of delivering cost savings.
- Strong MRP/ERP experience, ideally Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV).
- Excellent understanding of the end-to-end procurement process.
- Ability to understand and extract technical information from drawings and specifications.
- Numerate, analytical and commercially aware
- A competent user of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables etc)