Job vacancy - Customs Director
Position: Customs Director
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Customs Director will have the overall responsibility for a team of customs experts, operatives and Managers.
Working closely with HMRC to ensure full governance, having the accountability for the Customs KPI's across the business unit as well as being responsible for driving/improving optimization and process development.
Global Customs experience is essential for this role, with an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislation.
Key Responsibilities of Customs Director:
Overall responsibility for a team of customs experts, operatives and Managers.
- Responsibility for the customs clearance process across the business unit
- Accountability for all customs licenses and certificates to be maintained, ensuring they are compliant.
- Working closely with HMRC to ensure full governance.
- Accountability for the Customs KPI's across the business unit.
- Responsible for driving/improving optimisation and process development.
- Supporting the business unit providing high level guidance and advice on customs legislation where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the knowledge of the customs department, ensuring training is provided where necessary.
- Driving results regarding governance and process across the business.
- Timely decision making, often under complex and demanding circumstances.
- Challenging the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practice.
Key Requirements of Customs Director:
- Strong knowledge and experience UK, and EU customs regulations.
- Global Customs experience is essential for this role, with an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislations.
- Strong team management experience is essential for this role.
- Extensive experience in a customs multinational environment is essential for this role.
- A strong sense of responsibility and great leadership skills are essential.
- Expert knowledge of global customs systems such a CHIEF, Destin8/ICE/ACE, ENS etc.
ACS are recruiting for a Customs Director. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Customs Director submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Customs Director. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Customs Director with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Customs Director role you desire.