Job vacancy - Engineering Design Manager
Position: Engineering Design Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
The Role of Engineering Design Manager, you will manage a team of mechanical Design Engineers, CAD Detailers and Graduates engaged in client orders and internal infrastructure projects within a 3D CAD environment, you will also help to recruit and train new Engineers to meet the growing demands of the business. The Engineering Design Manager will provide engineering support to the Group at its various locations within the vicinity and undertake project briefs, interface with key internal stakeholders, and plan the resources and workflow through the department.
- Ensure all completed work is correct and meets the standards required.
- Manage the maintenance of Technical Project Files.
- Liaise with all other relevant departments to ensure the Design Department meets company requirements ongoing, maintains standard production support.
- Work closely with the senior management team in the planning, organisation, directing, achieving and coordinating of activities and resources of the design office.
- Develop engineering skills and knowledge in other areas of the business such as planning, site developments, energy systems, etc.
- Maximise individual productivity and effectiveness by complying with all operating procedures and requirements, by following all health and safety rules and guidelines and by making sure that all the members of your team do the same.
- Keep abreast of staff appraisals and training requirements, liaise with the HR department with regards to departmental recruitment.
To be successful in this role of Engineering Design Manager, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Responsible for managing a design office.
- Experience within heavy industrial/manufacturing engineering - ideally with knowledge of welding.
- Strong technical and execution capabilities with ability to solve technical problems and details.
- High level of Health and safety awareness, preferably trained in IOSH/NEBOSH.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Engineering Design Manager position, please apply for the role with you CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.