Job vacancy - Manufacturing Engineer
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 per annum
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide the primary source of technical expertise in identifying and integrating automation projects /equipment into assembly and other areas of the business.
To carry out wide ranging projects to improve product quality, reliability, reduce component costs and improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Experienced in new product development process
- To develop manufacturing solutions for new fibre optic products
- Knowledge of assembly Automation usually entail XY tables or robot assembly
- Good understanding of fibre optic theory
- Knowledge of tooling design and test fixturing
- Creation of detailed work instructions for introducing/new equipment
- Provide technical input into the Tool Design and to liaise with tooling subcontractors.
- Initiate and implement cost reduction and method improvement projects.
- Ensure that all tooling, gauging and testing requirements are identified prior to production.
- Keep abreast of technical developments and review manufacturing methods.
- Liaise with production, customers and other key functions to provide an integrated solution
- Train and develop colleagues and trainees as directed by the line Manager.
- Investigate standardized approach to equipment
- Create databases for quality issues to increase awareness defining the expectations.
- Support quality function
- Carry out ATP (acceptance test procedures) for new product
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
- HNC in Engineering or related subject.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience assembly production line of fibre optic (FO) assemblies and components is preferred.
- Experience with development of manufacturing solutions including design for manufacture
- Knowledge of test practices relating to the aerospace industry
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and technical documents
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Manufacturing Engineer position, please apply for the role with you CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.