Job vacancy - Mechanical Engineer
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will create and verify product designs as part of the Mechanical Engineering function. You will support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics and materials engineering. Design and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off and support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Provide input to and review engineering drawings and CAD models.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing teams during product assembly.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through post-test analysis.
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, post-test analysis (PTA) reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses.
- Engage in team-based solving of engineering problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Develop materials and designs through the procurement and internal manufacturing processes on to test and post-test analysis.
To be successful in this role of Mechanical Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience in the rail transport with specific rail vehicle knowledge.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Previously working in the mechanical industry.
- Experience with 3D CAD.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Mechanical Engineer position, please apply for the role with you CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.