Job vacancy - Reliability Engineer
Position: Reliability Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
The Role of Reliability Engineer, you will work with the technical support team to collate and validate data sets from the returned materials process. Use proven problem-solving techniques to identify root cause. Ensure our decisions are data driven and can be proven through experimentation. Design out reliability issues from PCBA's and components, work with the core stakeholders to ensure we have followed core design principles and followed the company Engineering Change process to release new designs.
- Work with core stakeholders to assess and validate alternative components/processes that improve product reliability.
- Act as both lead engineer and project Manager on all improvement activity related to reliability.
- Work with the strategic and tactical supply chains to ensure viability of all proposals and alternative materials.
- Ensure that product design serve reliability, testability, and reparability.
- Define appropriate KPI and performance measurement of its activity (report, alert, REX/Retex, Quality issues, customer feedback…)
- Integrate in its activity different planning/timelines (e.g., short = spot buy and medium & long term = double sourcing, stock, new layout, EOL product…)
- Support the legacy of components list
- Support cross-functional teams in all electronics aspects
- Conduct benchmark testing for new hardware and software
- Assist team members with troubleshooting and problem remediation
- Collaborate in VVAG, Interact with senior leadership (e.g., director level and above)
To be successful in this role of Reliability Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience working in a high-value electronic industry.
- Good understanding of analog & digital electronic circuits.
- Knowledge of the electronic test cases and test plans.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Reliability Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.