Job vacancy - Production Engineer
Position: Production Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
The Role of Production Engineer, will be responsible for the implementation and development of production processes and procedures, leading on continuous improvement, waste reduction and cost efficiencies; and providing support and assistance to the production floor and design team, acting as the primary interface.
- Identify manufacturing needs and design new systems and processes; providing facilities and methods to ensure cost-effective integration of new products/processes or for the improvement of existing ones into the manufacturing operations.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by updating and maintaining standard work methods, work instructions and SOP's.
- Provide support and assistance to the design team with designing and improving engineered products which may involve working with production, customer service, marketing, sales, and customers/agents.
- Act as the interface between design and the production floor.
To be successful in this role of Production Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Educated to degree / HND level, within a Manufacturing & Engineering related discipline
- Experience of machine shop practices (turning / milling/grinding)
- Proven experience implementing continuous improvement methods and a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Previous experience working within a similar Production Engineering role, ideally gained from within the Automotive industry
- Excellent computer literacy, with experience using the full Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint and Excel and a working knowledge of 2D & 3D CAD software
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Production Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.