Job vacancy - Design Engineer
Position: Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The Role of Design Engineer will originate and develop ideas to design new products or a range of products and provide engineering support through all phases of product development and manufacture and to maintain or improve the performance of currently manufactured products.
- Designing and improving engineered products involves working with production, customer service, marketing, sales and customers/agents to support and create marketable products.
- Establish design concepts and evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appealing aesthetic appearance, design function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics and customer specifications;
- Produce practical design solutions to overcome technical and manufacturing issues associated with new and existing products;
- Design test equipment, packaging and production jigs & fixtures to aid product performance, manufacturing and saleability;
- Produce concept, layout, assembly and detail 2D / 3D CAD drawings to a required standard for presentation, evaluation, and manufacturing or customer information purposes. Develop and improve 2D & 3D CAD drafting skills;
- Building of both prototypes and initial production units to assess and establish assembly characteristics in terms of product performance and ease of assembly;
To be successful in this role of Design Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Educated to degree/HNC level, ideally within a Mechanical Engineering related discipline
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Inventor, or other 3D packages.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, within a demanding and often pressured engineering environment is desirable
- Experienced in working with metals/plastics
- Substantial experience of designing components manufactured using conventional machining tools, i.e. Milling / Turning / Grinding
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Design Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.