Job vacancy - Proposal Specialist (Metocean)
Position: Proposal Specialist (Metocean)
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Role of Proposal Specialist, you will prepare quotes and tenders for the criteria studies and provide technical input to multi-entity proposals for the studies. As the Proposals Specialist, you will respond to develop business opportunities and seek contract opportunities in Europe and Africa for the studies. You will also liaise closely with technical specialists in the consultancy team and keep in regular contact with the consultancy teams.
- Receive and analyse Client requests, engage with Client to obtain further information.
- Prepare quotes and tenders for the desktop studies that include modelling and/or design/fatigue/operational analysis: Technical: Consult with relevant colleagues from the team regarding scope and methods Commercial: Prepare costs, margin, and schedule Administrative: Ensure all relevant documents are communicated to the Client, all questionnaires are completed, review Terms & Conditions (with assistance from Legal Department), enter data to the company's CRM software.
- Attend meetings, both internal and external: Internal: Share information with colleagues regarding upcoming projects/opportunities, discuss and support sales colleagues with emerging leads and opportunities
- External (Client) meetings: Either project specific to seek additional information or more generic to discuss upcoming projects/opportunities.
- Keep up to date with industry, competitor and applicable scientific news and developments (renewable energy, O&G, coastal infrastructure, etc.), and attend selected conferences.
- Support marketing activities: Press releases, website updates.
To be successful in this role of Proposal Specialist, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Masters level qualification in Metocean or Engineering.
- Experience in metocean data analysis, criteria derivation and/or modelling in support of commercial applications.
- Experience of tendering and/or sales commercial activities.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Proposal Specialist position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.