Job vacancy - Purchaser
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
As the Purchaser, you will operate as a key member of the purchasing team, Checking the MRP messages on a regular basis and placing the orders accordingly to cover demand and safety stock requirements. You will ensure promised dates and planned dates for parts are accurate and meet requirements by regular liaison with internal and external suppliers. Updating materials requirements and usage trackers to provide ordering information for Purchasing Team.
- Dealing directly with workshop supervision and stores to ensure consumable materials are available at the right time.
- Highlighting potential material issues well in advance of them becoming critical to allow Project Management and Purchasing Team to rectify.
- Managing supplier NCR process including root cause feedback and credit notes for parts rejected and returned.
- Liaise with Quality on any materials that fail to meet requirements ensuring that good quality replacements are made available in time to maintain project schedules.
- Consult with end users within the Company to ensure that supplied materials are fully responsive to the specified need and fully supportive of all quality requirements.
- Co-ordination with Engineering on any engineering change matters that may impact the suitability of materials procured for the project to ensure
The Role of Purchaser, you can expect an annual Bonus, life Assurance, pensions, private health care, an amazing dental scheme and excellent other benefits included.
To be successful in this role of Purchaser, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience of purchasing from subcontract manufacturing companies.
- Experience of working in an Engineering (mechanical) environment
- An understanding of engineering drawings
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Purchaser position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.