Job vacancy - Senior Software Development Engineer
Position: Senior Software Development Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
As the Senior Software Development Engineer, you will design and develop software for fire control system equipment, ensuring the product meets the relevant fire and safety standards. Work closely with the hardware and software teams during the design and support stages of product development, liaise with other software engineers where necessary and ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company's Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate
- Maintain and update designs and design documentation as required
- Ensure that all aspects relevant to the tasks in hand relating to the product operation and usage are understood, thereby ensuring that products operate as required
- Maintain efficient and effective records relating to designs and design modifications, including issue status
- Keep abreast of new developments relating to system design including software tools and techniques
- Act as Project Leader on design projects as required
To be successful in this role of Senior Software Development Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience of using C, C++, and C# in an embedded Linux based system.
- Previous experience in a software design role.
- Working knowledge and experience with microcontrollers from 8 to 32 bit.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Senior Software Development Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.