Job vacancy - Design Engineer
Position: Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
As the Design Engineer, you will be providing product/process design expertise initially focused on Emergency Exit Hardware with further NPI's for the Door Hardware Group. To control/modify/create Bills of Materials ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
Based upon NPI remit, the creation of the products through Autocad Inventor / Solid Works, ensuring the accuracy of componentry.
- Generation of production drawings for parts and assemblies.
- FMEA analysis (parts and assemblies).
- Identification of key suppliers for sample production and the provision of drawings.
- Provision of drawings/tolerances/golden samples to the Quality Department for inwards goods inspection.
- Working with the Product Management team to ensure all data is captured in advance of product launch.
- Raising and processing engineering changes.
We would love to speak to anyone for the Design Engineer position, who has the following experience:
- Industry product knowledge
- Possess pressed componentry, machined components and plastic moulding experience
- Hold extensive practical 3D CAD system experience and be able to demonstrate, ideally through Autocad Inventor / Solid Works
- Assembly modelling (including mechanism design and simulation)
- Understanding of component use of liner tolerancing
- Proficient use of geometrical tolerancing (ISO 1101)
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Design Engineer position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.