Job vacancy - Architectural Technician
Position: Architectural Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Job Title: Architectural Technician
- Collating and organising technical information from façade officers
- Preparing designs using CAD (computer aided design) software and freehand sketches
- Investigating and offering technical advice on factors that affect system's developments, including user needs, site and building surveys, and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring designs for health and safety and contributing to risk assessments
- Coordinating detailed design information
- Preparing specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans, and documents for approvals
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation
- Researching new design processes, building legislation and technology.
- Attending the Phone call and ticketing system is the final objective
- Undertake other related duties not listed in this role description from time to time according to the needs of the business.
- A freehand drawing ability
- Computer skills, AutoCad 2D/3D Essential, SolidWorks & Revit desirable
- Understanding of building and facades technology
- Awareness of how different façade systems are used
- A good understanding of construction methods and building regulations.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or foundation degree in architectural technology, or in another subject related to the built environment or Level 3 Certificate in 3D Design, a Level 3 Diploma in Built Environment Design, or a T level in Design, Surveying and Planning.
- Confidence in using Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience using Visio/CAD/Solidworks/Rivet.
- Understanding of building practices and regulations involving facades.
- Understanding of Architectural drawings and specifications.
ACS are recruiting for a Architectural Technician If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Architectural Technician please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Architectural Technician It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Architectural Technician with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Architectural Technician role you desire.