Job vacancy - Controls Engineer
Position: Controls Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
The Role of Controls Engineer, you will be reporting to the Controls Engineering Manager. Be involved with the development of new PLC control system designs and maintaining current software up to date using electrical schematics and Control Philosophy/FDS. Testing of electrical/electronic and control systems, producing detailed design, programming of AB PLCs and HMIs. On site commissioning of special projects when required.
- Developing and maintaining our range of equipment using Allen Bradley PLCs Micro800, CompactLogix and associated HMIs by writing well-structured PLC/HMI code
- Creating function blocks in structured text and ladder logic, taking forward our intuitive HMI style across all our platforms
- An understanding of how to integrate the system into customer's overall control system using Ethernet and Modbus protocols
- Help troubleshoot issues with software and hardware in Test department
- Reporting, communicating and working with other departments as a team
- Planning and managing own projects and work packages
- Commissioning and start-up of larger special projects when service need assistance
To be successful in this role of Controls Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Knowledge of PLC programming and controls industry.
- Have project management and problem-solving skills.
- Have Fault finding experience and be able to work comfortably up to 480Vac.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the Controls Engineer position, please apply for the role with you CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.