Job vacancy - Buyer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
As the Buyer you will develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of company products, taking responsibility for sourcing, purchasing and the delivery of materials and components with a particular emphasis on PCBA; electronic component distribution market; transformers; sensors; looms and cables.
- Implementing cost savings.
- Involvement in the weekly running of the MPS/MRP from Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Placing of Purchase Orders - maintaining accurate inbound delivery dates on Microsoft Dynamics Navision and liaising with Production, Customer Service and Goods-in warehouse.
- Control of free issue items to suppliers for subcontract.
- Ensuring consistent regulatory compliance, Quality, OTIF and cost performance.
- Ensuring the MRP system reflects current trading conditions such as lead-time, ordering quantities and price.
- Implementing and managing inventory levels to ensure product availability whilst minimising obsolescence and driving inventory reduction.
- Achieving best value and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Involvement in the selection of suppliers, ongoing approval and relationship management.
- Providing purchasing support to other departments as required.
To be successful in this role of Buyer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Proven experience as a buyer within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering cost savings.
- Excellent understanding of the end-to-end procurement process.
- Ability to understand and extract technical information from drawings and specifications.
- A competent user of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables etc).
- Strong MRP/ERP experience, ideally Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV).
- A CIPS qualification would be preferable but not essential.
ACS are recruiting for a Buyer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Buyer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Buyer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Buyer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Buyer role you desire.