Job vacancy - Production Manager
Position: Production Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
As the Production Manager, you will plan, organise and control the manufacturing and production processes. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines ensuring that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within' budget and to the company's excellent quality standards.
- To regularly review the production schedule and the work being carried out to ensure deadlines can be met
- To liaise with purchasing, distribution and sales to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- To provide technical support and advice for product developments/prototype jobs / non-standard orders
- To ensure all product is made as efficiently as possible with resources well utilised
- To keep abreast of current best practice and technology and recommend any improvements to the operation
- To carry out regular performance reviews with supervisors
- To motivate and support supervisors and all production staff
- To identify training needs and solutions for all production staff
- Investigate and take positive action to deal with staff disputes
- To support the annual budget process for manufacturing and to regularly monitor cost and deliver best value.
- Regularly review tools and machinery to report damage or omissions
- Take corrective action to repair damages
- To inform the internal sales team early of any problems in meeting deadlines
- To inform the internal sales team of any cost implications of particular projects
- To determine and ensure that supervisors and staff adhere to operating procedures and quality standards.
- To ensure that factory supervisors and staff are trained in Safe Systems of Work
- To ensure that factory supervisors and staff adhere to company H&S policy and procedures
- To coordinate the annual stock-take
- To assist in inductions for new employees/work experience students
To be successful in this role of Production Manager we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience within' the furniture industry
- Must be 'hands on' and have experience in operating manufacturing equipment and hand tools
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety
- People management skills
- Forklift licence (advantageous)
ACS are recruiting for a Production Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production Manager role you desire.