Job vacancy - Sales Engineer
Position: Sales Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
As the Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the sales activities of the laboratory, process & hi-end viscometers and instruments. This position reports to the UK Commercial Manager (Sales). Provides support in implementing the region's overall sales strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Develop & build sales territories within assigned region
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements
- Drive sales forecast accuracy and funnel growth
- Maintains and expands customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all assigned product lines by attending in-house technical training courses
- Attends sales meetings and trade shows and reads industry publications to gain knowledge of competitors' product strengths and weaknesses within assigned sales territory
- Participates in technical/professional organizations or networking groups, attends trade shows and/or conferences to obtain leads
- Prepares sales presentations to explain Brookfield capabilities. Demonstrates products to potential customers.
- Follow up on quotations. Maintain CRM with updated information
- Manage the direct sales channels within territory including OEM's, end users and engineering/contracting firms
- Ensured that territory achieves sales at or above target levels
- Manages all aspects of the assigned territory, e.g., increasing sales, developing and managing customer relationships, conducting product demos, installations and customer training.
To be successful in this role of Sales Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Qualified to degree level in a technical discipline
- 5+ years' experience of working in a technical sales environment
- Proven / demonstrable successful track record in growing sales
- Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements
- Willingness to travel extensively within UK and work in a team of global professionals
- Proven ability to rapidly grow a new customer base
- Key Account Management experience desirable
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the market
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, CRM systems, video webinar use & quoting tools
- Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands
- Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports
ACS are recruiting for a Sales Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Sales Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Sales Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Sales Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Sales Engineer role you desire.