Job vacancy - Technical Services Manager
Position: Technical Services Manager
Location: Saffron Walden
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
The Technical Services Manager role is a hands-on, office-based, managerial role responsible for leading and developing a small team of service engineers and technical support specialists. The team works together to successfully deal with technical-related customer enquiries (both pre and post sales), the service, repair and installation of equipment, and also produces custom quotations. It is an office-based role (Saffron Walden, Essex), but will require occasional UK and international travel.
- Managing Service & Technical Support personnel - responsible for building high levels of communication, performance evaluation, development and capability. You will be expected to train, educate and lead your team in the use of all necessary support techniques to ensure our customers receive the best possible service
- Develop, implement, track and report on KPI's to monitor performance and drive improvements
- Develop our support offering to meet our global requirements and targets - with an emphasis on ensuring that we have necessary 'packages' to support our international distributors
- Manage customer relationships to resolve critical situations in the fastest and best way possible, always ensuring that we're providing the best possible customer service
- Manage communication across departments to ensure that necessary customer support actions are delivered and co-ordinated across the company
- Support the team with all customer cases, and take on the management of 'escalated' cases
- Hands on approach, taking on technical support and service activities when required
To be successful in the role of Technical Services Manager, we would like to speak to anyone who has experience in the following:
- Significant experience of working in a service or technical support environment, ideally related to chemistry equipment.
- Significant people management experience, including performance evaluation, development and capability.
- Solid commercial experience, with ability to make decisions based on what's best for the customer.
- Good technical background, ideally with electro-mechanical equipment.
- Experience in developing, implementing and delivering customer support KPI's.
- Experience in customer relationship management including issue resolution.
ACS are recruiting for a Technical Services Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Technical Services Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Technical Services Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Technical Services Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Technical Services Manger role you desire.