Job vacancy - Shipping Co-ordinator
Position: Shipping Co-ordinator
Salary: Dependent on experience
As the Shipping Co-ordinator, you will process all orders from order acceptance/acknowledgment through to delivery and acceptance by the customer, together with all documentation, compliance records and invoicing as required.
- Liaising with sales, production and customers / agents to obtain all the necessary information on orders prior to shipment
- Arranging and co-ordinating international air freight shipments
- Managing activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure that agreed dates are met
- Preparing invoices, pro-forma invoices and delivery notes
- Preparing documentation of loads for shipment
- Arranging shipments with courier companies and freight forwarders and ensuring goods are shipped in accordance with the Incoterms and the company's payment terms and export compliance where required
- Maintaining correct filing procedures/record-keeping.
To be successful in this role of Shipping Co-ordinator we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Previous experience and responsibility in a shipping role (import/export, customs procedures / regulations)
- International air freight experience
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Good planning and organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritise and accommodate urgent requirements when needed
- Excellent communication skills with a professional telephone manner
- Committed to the quality of work produced
ACS are recruiting for a Shipping Coordinator. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Shipping Co-ordinator, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Shipping Co-ordinator. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Shipping Co-ordinator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Shipping Co-ordinator role you desire.