Job vacancy - Mechanical Engineer
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 per annum
Due to continued growth, our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to provide mechanical engineering support to the development of our products and processes through the whole product lifecycle: R&D, design, product launch, continuous improvement and end of life - in addition to;
- Supporting production and quality teams with design calculations and failure diagnosis.
- When appropriate, lead projects from initiation phase, seeing them through to completion.
- Supporting the maintenance of our BOM and engineering drawing databases.
- Lead continuous improvement activities to ensure systems and processes remain secure.
- Design and conduct experiments as and when required, analyse data and interpret results.
- Evaluation of product overall performance, reliability and safety.
- Ensuring products and processes meet specifications required, taking ownership of the KPI's.
- Ensure compliance with Engineering Change Order (ECO) procedures.
To be successful in the role of Mechanical Engineer, we would like to speak to anyone who has experience in the following:
- Experience of working within a similar role with a design background.
- The ability to do mechanical design calculations and to read and analyse mechanical drawings.
- Experience of using design software such as CREO or AutoCAD.
- Awareness of different light industrial manufacturing processes and their characteristics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practice including Engineering Change Management, DFMEA, PFMEA, lean, six sigma is desirable.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
ACS are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Mechanical Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Mechanical Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Mechanical Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Mechanical Engineer role you desire.