Job vacancy - Quality Engineer
Position: Quality Engineer
Location: St Leonards-On-Sea
Salary: £31,000 - £47,000 per annum
As the Quality Engineer you will serve as a key member of the Rugged Fibre Optic (RFO) Project Team within the Aerospace Defense & Marine business unit. This role is essential for the successful launch of new projects and will be responsible for overseeing that all quality-related tasks are understood by the project teams and incorporated as part of project plans. You will also lead quality improvements to processes / parts to enable elimination of defects and customer rejects as well as championing customer service at all times.
- Responsible for leading AQE-initiatives to achieve the quality, cost and delivery goals of NPI Projects. Continually evaluating and adhering to customer quality requirements. Evaluation of quality related deviations during the APQP process, including escalation, definition, implementation and execution of corrective actions
- Moderation of FMEA development to achieve implementation of both customer and company requirements and standards through the evaluation of product and process related risks. Support roll-out and execution of standard tools: APIS, Q-DAS, Lessons Learned Data.
- Involvement with customer contact and quality representative during the APQP process and through successful launch of the process and product.
- You shall prepare and report out on NPI quality metrics to local site and corporate staff. Coordinate with other core project functions by providing input for project analysis, feasibility studies, design reviews, as well providing quality APQP deliverables according to Lean PD process. Manage safe launch process for relevant projects.
- Responsible for supporting on time delivery of customer required documentation according to both customer and company standards. Devising methods, processes, and procedures to increase efficiency and use data driven decisions for continuous improvement.
We would love to speak to anyone for the Quality Engineer position, who has the following experience:
- An experienced Quality Engineer from an Aerospace component or Automotive manufacturing background
- Manual and automatic assembly, molding, machining and electro plating experience is a significant plus
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- At least 5 years of Quality Engineering or closely related experience. Focus areas would include Engineering, Quality or Supply Chain.
- Possess strong working knowledge of FMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan, MSA, Gage R&R, GD&T
- Expert in problem solving tools such as 8D, PPSR, 5 why, Pareto Principles and data analysis, Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize issues, analyse situations and implement effective corrective actions
- Aptitude to respond to changes in the work environment
- Systematic and goal-oriented and independent working method
ACS are recruiting for a Quality Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Quality Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Quality Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Quality Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Quality Engineer role you desire.