Job vacancy - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Position: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
This company are looking for a proactive Purchase Ledger Clerk to own the cashiering and purchase ledger roles for our fast-paced expanding business currently operating as 4 brands but with 3 more on the horizon. As the purchase ledger clerk you will be responsible for all cashiering and purchase ledger activities, whilst supporting our carrier reconciliation cycle.
You will be able to communicate with a number of stakeholders and build rapport with all teams within the business so that you can tackle challenges effectively.
- Reconciling supplier invoices and variance resolution
- Reporting discrepancies resulting from reconciliation analysis to management.
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Disputing supplier invoices and obtaining credit notes.
- Corresponding with suppliers to resolve queries on accounts.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Checking and logging purchase invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash posting and cashflow preparation & monitoring.
- Producing payment runs
- Liaising with team members and other teams
We would be interested in talking to anyone with the following skills:
- IT literate with excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Sage 200 experience is an advantage.
- You will have both excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be a positive, pro-active and personable individual with a sense of humour who will fit in well with this dynamic small team of individuals.
- You will be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines without direct, daily supervision.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the senior finance team.