Job vacancy - Assembly Manager
Position: Assembly Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The primary function of the Assembly Manager is to facilitate the smooth running of production down the assembly lines through to dispatch. Along with the assembly supervisors you will be required to resolve issues that cause production disruption and ensure measures and KPI's are put in place to stop re-occurrence and monitor ongoing performance. Providing support with Continuous Improvement is also key to the role this will enable the Factory to run in the most efficient way possible.
The company is a lean manufacturing organization and the Assembly Manager has a key role in supporting our lean principles. You will need to be flexible and have the ability to facilitate the changing needs in production to fulfill our customer needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigate and resolve the causes of production stoppages and implement corrective actions, reducing red cards ensuring a JIT service while improving our OTIF.
- Ensure temporary staff levels are reviewed periodically.
- Support Production and Logistics Manager with agreed factory Continuous Improvement and Lean endeavours.
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with a good understanding of factory software.
- Experience maintaining an ERP system (Syteline preferred, but not essential).
- Understands lean manufacturing principles.
- A strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Technical understanding of electronics or metal fabrication would be useful.
- Excellent communication - both written & oral.
- Organized, detail oriented, methodical and with strong analytical skills.
- Customer-focused and adaptable in a fast moving, manufacturing environment with frequent priority/demand changes.
- Motivated, disciplined, proactive, process driven and the ability to work using their own initiative.