Job vacancy - Service Engineer
Position: Service Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Service Engineer will ensure that customers remain satisfied with the company equipment by providing first line technical support to customers and colleagues, repairing equipment in a timely fashion and otherwise promoting the service business.
- Providing technical support and advice to customers, distributors and colleagues via our telephone helpdesk, service email and site visits.
- Liaising with customers on logistics, including shipment from factory of new instruments and return of faulty instruments to the factory.
- Diagnosis and repair of faulty instruments in accordance with Time targets.
- Complete service reports for all jobs, noting the work done and highlighting issues for further action.
- Timely escalation of cases, when necessary.
- Occasional support of design and development through product testing.
- Occasional building of instruments in accordance with Turnaround Time targets.
- Maintain databases on customers service in order to product reports on KPI's such as Mean-Time-To-Failure, customers satisfaction, Turnaround time, Right-First Time Fixes and repeat visits etc.
- Promoting sales of contracts and service parts.
- Occasional attendance at trade shows.
- Installation of our Cryo Transfer systems and other related products.
- Training of customers in the use of our equipment.
- Travel within the UK and internationally as required.
To be successful in this role of Service Engineer, we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Have a HNC/HND in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent.
ACS are recruiting for a Service Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Service Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Service Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Service Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Service Engineer role you desire.