Job vacancy - Welding Engineer
Position: Welding Engineer
Salary: £33,000 - £44,000 per annum
As the Welding Engineer you will have the ability to review and apply official standards and requirements specified by professional bodies. Create and maintain Weld Procedures, organise Weld Procedure and Welder Qualifications.
You will review engineering designs for welding requirements, create / review Weld Maps, select appropriate Weld Procedures for production and positively influence the availability, suitability, maintenance, and calibration of welding equipment as well as the storage and handling of materials and welding consumables.
- Liaising with staff in other department and external contact as necessary
- Adherence and compliance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Adherence to Health and Safety requirements
- Create / review Weld Maps
- Select appropriate Weld Procedures for production.
- Positively influence the availability, suitability, maintenance, and calibration of welding equipment as well as the storage and handling of materials and welding consumables
- Positively influence the Procedures for, and control of sub-contractors.
- Maintain NDT records.
- Identify & maintain up to date, relevant welding standards.
- Welding Inspection where necessary and appropriate
- Principal point of contact for technical welding queries and those from Welders and their Team Leader
We would love to speak to anyone for the Welding Engineer role with the following skills:
- HNC or above in Engineering or equivalent experience (i.e. a time served apprentice)
- Computer literate
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Experience of working within a quality system
- Appropriate Welding Qualifications and demonstrable experience welding Stainless Steel and its alloys (i.e., a 'time served' apprentice).