Job vacancy - Technical Sales Team Leader
Position: Technical Sales Team Leader
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Dependent on experience
Due to internal promotion, this client is recruiting for a new Technical Sales Team Leader who will be based at our offices in High Wycombe.
The successful candidate will be an intuitive and experienced team leader or manager with a technical background and the ability to run a technical team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts who are truly some of the best in their field. You will receive all the training you need to fast-track yourself to success.
As part of the Team Leader role, it is expected that you will be conversant with the company policy handbook, trading T&Cs; ISO standards, interdepartmental communication and cooperation, our product ranges, and all company business systems. Departmentally you will be responsible for budget and spending, processes and procedures, reporting, and staff performance and development.
- Manage, develop, and facilitate training and be responsible for the Technical Sales team.
- Own and ensure technical support tickets are resolved to a high quality and in a timely manner by the team. Manage and report tickets daily and weekly.
- Review, analyse, and action data/reports to inform department decisions and goals. Daily, weekly and monthly analysis reports to be produced.
- Department KPI setting, monitoring, and reporting, ensuring targets are met. Set action plans where required.
- Conduct monthly one-to-one meetings and regular review meetings.
- Manage the team's holiday diary.
- Ensure CRM records are maintained and kept up-to-date by each team member, motivating your teams to follow best practices and enhance the customer experience.
- Recruit, train, and develop new and existing staff and deal with any staff performance or disciplinary issues.
- Drive your product knowledge and industry-related knowledge, including but not limited to building regulations and industry body publications, and drive this culture and mentality through the team.
- Provide cross-departmental support with cover on telephones, emails, or any special projects.
To be successful in the Technical Sales Team Leader role, we are looking for the following skills:
- Experienced team leader or manager with a technical background and the ability to run a technical team.
- Customer service focus and the ability to interact confidently with customers and colleagues.
- Suitable / transferable qualification or sufficient experience to demonstrate ability.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- Strong, demonstrable working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Working knowledge within the HVAC industry to be able to select suitable products would be advantageous Skills.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise tasks for own workload and that of the team, with the flexibility to change priorities.
- Strong listening skills with the ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Quality-focused with a proactive approach.
- Working in a busy environment, working to targets and deadlines.
- Understanding of architectural drawings and technical specifications would be desirable.
- At least two years' experience in a similar Team Leader role.
- At least three years' experience in a similar technical / internal sales role.