Job vacancy - Head of B2C Marketing
Position: Head of B2C Marketing
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Benefits: OTE annual bonus, car allowance
Our client is seeking a Head of B2C Marketing to join their dynamic team. This company prides itself on launching innovative designs and leading technologies to both consumer and B2B sectors. With a vision to see our brands inspire users across generations, the Head of B2C Marketing will play a crucial role in driving our marketing strategies and ensuring our products meet the needs and desires of our target audience.
As the Head of B2C Marketing, the overall job purpose is to direct the formulation of successful Consumer Marketing plans demonstrating ROI and in line with business objectives across consumer sales divisions; leading and inspiring the marketing team to create innovative, engaging, successful campaigns.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about marketing and has a deep understanding of the retail industry. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in driving successful marketing strategies, team management experience and a strong ability to collaborate with internal teams and external partners.
- Set and deliver the annual strategic brand plans in conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Sales Divisional Managers.
- Establish strategy and targets for growth of sales, brand awareness and engagement levels.
- Develop Divisional marketing planning expertise.
- Act as brand champion with focus on effective communication of brand values.
- Develop, monitor and refine as necessary a strategy to produce short term results at the same time as delivering competitive advantage and rejuvenating long term brand equity.
Select and manage external agencies
- Manage the effective use of agencies (PR, Advertising, Media) and work on creating efficiencies across divisional agency support.
- Experience of running influencer campaigns either directly or with agency support.
Budget Control & Campaign Assessment
- Experience in managing annual budgets in excess of £1 million.
- Manage and maintain TPD & EMI marketing budget process and provide ongoing recommendations for effective and efficient use of funds
- Build upon and improve existing processes to review ROI & Campaign performance KPIs.
- Utilise CRM in the analysis & planning of all campaigns.
- Solid hands-on reporting and analysis ability.
New Audience Development
- Acquire new audiences for the divisions and establish a mechanism to measure these outside normal measurements (e.g. awareness, appeal, propensity to spend, brand perception).
- Develop and improve insight/understanding of all key customer/user groups to improve overall marketing effectiveness.
- Ensure the consumer marketing team understand clearly the annual strategic marketing plan and their individual part in its delivery.
- Lead and inspire the team, helping them develop skills and improved productivity as well as manage performance as necessary.
- Complete annual appraisals and ensure direct reports are effectively managing their own teams.
- Identify training & development requirements.
- Essential: Must be an experienced Marketing Manager or equivalent; with at least 5 years' experience in consumer marketing (brand and/or campaign marketing specialism).
- Essential: Solid B2C marketing management experience in a well-known brand, not just startup experience.
- Essential: Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Marketing Team manager with direct reporting lines.
- Essential: Solid budget management experience (£1m+ annually); confident with strategy ideation, decision making and organisation of brand activities.
- Desirable: come from a large & established B2C brand in either footwear, accessories, lifestyle or fashion.
- Desirable: have a background in PR with influencer management experience or network.
- Must have demonstrable people management experience with regard to growing and developing the team and managing performance.
- A professional, proactive leader and team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing landscape.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to stakeholder audiences.
- Possess excellent time management skills and adaptable in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen.
- Be willing and able to travel around the UK as required, and on the rare occasion to our EU headquarters in Germany.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
- Competitive Salary, OTE bonus scheme and annual car allowance.
- Fantastic healthcare benefits from Day One: Private Medical Insurance via BUPA, Permanent Health Insurance, Medicash Health Plan
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Excellent non-contributory Pension Scheme, up to 14%**
- Employee Discount, up to 50%**
- Anytime access to retail discounts at 200+ retailers (Reward Gateway)
- Anytime access to personal development and training courses via LinkedIn Learning and eConsultancy