Job vacancy - Principle Electronics Design Engineer
Position: Principle Electronics Design Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience
As the Principal Electronics Design Engineer, you'll be responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, testing, and documenting new products, as well as maintaining our existing product portfolio. You'll collaborate closely with the HW/MECH and Software management team, in addition to:
- Architectural Leadership: Serve as the Lead Architect / Principal Engineer.
- Process Champion: Champion and utilize internal processes and tools to facilitate product development.
- Design Expertise: Apply expertise in both analog and digital design at system, product, and circuit levels.
- Qualification and Reliability: Oversee hardware qualification testing, including EMC, Environmental and Reliability testing.
- Knowledge Sharing: Share your extensive knowledge in electronics and EN54 & UL864.
- Prototyping: Develop prototypes for designs as needed to facilitate product development.
- Design Maintenance: Maintain and update existing product designs and design documentation as required.
- Sustaining Engineering: Make critical decisions regarding the need for testing samples, PCB changes, or component replacements. Conduct component-level troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Cost Estimation: Generate engineering estimates for complex hardware designs and assist in tracking and monitoring costs associated with product development.
To be successful in this role of Principal Electronics Design Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Proven end-to-end experience in the New Product Development cycle (NPD).
- Proficient in reviewing and creating clear product design documents.
- Certification: Experience in designing products for CE/UKCA, EN54, UL868, NFP72.
- Expert in electronic hardware architecture design, schematic capture, PCB layout (including high-speed, EMC, and Signal Integrity best practices) using Altium 365, as well as BOM preparation and EMC compliance.
- Microcontrollers/Embedded Systems: Familiarity with popular microcontrollers and embedded systems, including Microchip, STM32, 8/16/32-bit architectures, and ARM Core.
- Communication Protocols: Knowledge of popular communication technologies such as SPI, I2C, Ethernet, I2S, USB, and UART.
- Mixed-Signal Design: Experience in designing mixed-signal circuits with an emphasis on very low power, low voltage, and low noise characteristics.
- Embedded Control: Proficient in designing embedded digital control circuitry and real-time microcontroller solutions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce detailed and informative reports that are clear and concise.
ACS are recruiting for a Principal Electronics Design Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Principal Electronics Design Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Principal Electronics Design Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Principal Electronics Design Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Principal Electronics Design Engineer role you desire.