Job vacancy - Customer Solutions, Supply Chain Development Manager
Position: Customer Solutions, Supply Chain Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Solutions Development professional acting in a business consultancy capacity with an extensive knowledge of supply chain, freight forwarding and a passion for supply chain and industry advancement via technology and digitisation. Successful candidate with the ability to develop, position, and demonstrate product-specific solutions during sales cycles and consultative cycles with customer. Ultimately supporting commercial and account management teams to deliver compelling value proposition to prospective and existing customers.
The role will involve working closely with account managers for the respective customers to identify, qualify and pitch compelling value propositions to new and existing customers. For existing customer we are focused on the development of strategic client partnerships via win-win joint value creation initiatives.
The supply chain development manager creates customized and innovative supply chain solutions optimizing supply chain performance and costs with a focus on enabling clients to achieve operational cost reduction, administrative workload reduction, inventory reduction, revenue improvement, improved service and quality by leverages the portfolio of products, services and technology offering.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Concentrate supply chain development efforts in building partnership engagement with assigned customers through joint strategy development, workshops to understand the customer ambitions and needs, as well as the development of tailored value propositions for selling companies solutions, including:
- Proactive Qualification of opportunities in conjunction with Commercial and Key Account teams (Support go/no go process of account qualification)
- Project management of supply chain development engagements, from qualification to value proposition delivery, including positioning and discussion of proposals with Customers in a consultative and proactive manner (in conjunction with Commercial and Key Account Managers)
- Overall responsible for the creation of a company value proposition:
Manging virtual, cross functional and remote teams with different disciplines.
Engage the relevant stakeholders for the creation of the detailed solutions proposal (Account management, commercial, operations and technical solutions)
Coordinate sign-off with commercial lead before positioning with the customer
Positioning and discussion of value proposition(s) with Customers, in conjunction with Commercial owner and Key Account Managers.
Ongoing support stakeholders Commercial and Key Account Manager until final customer decision
- Prepare, organize, and run Internal and Customer workshops and White Board Sessions, aimed at understanding Customer strategy, business model, supply chain strategies, needs and challenges to identifying future supply chain potential.
- Built and position value propositions underpinned by compelling business case and due consideration of associated trade-off, risk, implementation timeframe and alignment to client's strategic objectives, business model, operational model, AS-IS and TO-BE scenarios.
- Transition solutions projects to the appointed implementation lead
- Set out and ensures mechanism exist to measure the client value (delivered and management of client value sits with Commercial and Account Management functions)
- Work closely with and proactively coach the Commercial and Key Account Management colleagues towards more consultative and proactive approach.
- Use and continuous development and improvement of supply chain design and development tools and the methodology.
- Formalizing innovation as result of delivered projects, i.e., case studies, customer references
- Actively participate in RFx processes which require strategic solutions input and effort to develop a value proposal.
- 5-10 years consistent exposure on strategic supply chain management, transformation, and delivery projects
- Forwarding, 3PL, 4PL and operational knowledge from Freight Forwarder, Logistics Service Provider, Manufacturing or Consulting background
- Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Business acumen and basic financial knowledge
- Process mapping and re-engineering (Six sigma, SCOR® or similar desirable)
- Supply Chain Management systems / Information Systems knowledge - Interest and acute awareness and understanding of technology and digitisation value and application in supply chain.
- Local and international market know - how.