Job vacancy - Project Engineer
Position: Project Engineer
Salary: £32,400 - £40,500 per annum
The Project Engineer, you will act as a lead engineer on customer or internal projects. The engineer provides technical assessment, analysis, data review and technical documentation for the specified project. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team, with support from Junior Engineers, to ensure on-time and on-quality delivery to the customer. The role will be the primary technical representative to the customer for the specified project.
You will be responsible for the detailed project design solution under guidance from Senior/Principal engineers:
- Analysis of the electrical, thermal and mechanical performance of the battery
Specification of battery components e.g. heaters
- Work with CAD Manager to generate drawings
- Support in-build technical checks
- Support technical checks during the battery test campaign, including support to testing at external sites, e.g. vibration
- Verification of project hardware from test data, and correlation to predicted performance
- Produce project documentation such as analysis reports, battery user manuals, test plans, and test reports
- Contribute technical information to project readiness review and non-conformance meetings
- Production of compliance statements to the project and industry standards
- Communication on technical matters to customers
- Support proposals by providing technical inputs
- Support inputs to technical papers and presentations
- Responsible for on-time and on-quality solutions
- Supports allocation of tasks to assigned Graduate/Junior Engineers
- Supports department level process management documentation
- Supports continuous improvement in the department
To be successful in this role of Project Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- A degree in a STEM subject or an equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a technical area such as mechanical analysis, thermal analysis or Li-ion batteries.
- Experience with test and verification activities.
- Experience as an engineer in a customer facing role.
ACS are recruiting for a Project Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Project Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Project Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Project Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Project Engineer role you desire.