Job vacancy - Production Engineer
Position: Production Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Production Engineer, you will support the day to day activities within the production area, through problem solving, raising non- conformances and identifying improvement opportunities. Working closely with relevant departments to strive for manufacturing best practice and design for manufacture.
- Support the Assembly Technicians with real time build problems and non-conformances
- Take ownership of the non-conformances for the area, using 5Whys, fishbone techniques to conduct root cause analysis.
- Support the development of relevant KPI's for the area, ensuring data is relevant and displayed monthly.
- Ability to design jigs and fixtures to improve efficiencies within the assembly area, using CAD.
- Support and lead continuous improvement initiatives across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
- Introduce and promote Poke Yoke (error proofing) methodology where possible
- Ensure all product and BOM requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result - introduce a "designed for manufacturing" mind-set
- Undertake special projects as required
To be successful in this role of Production Engineer we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- A minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Used techniques including 5Whys, fishbone to conduct root cause analysis.
ACS are recruiting for a Production Engineer. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production Engineer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production Engineer role you desire.