Job vacancy - Senior HR Business Partner
Position: Senior HR Business Partner
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
The Senior HR Business Partner is a key member of the leadership team, you will provide a professional, efficient and effective HR direction and support service to the business, by assisting the business leaders to provide general day to day HR support across the Langley site with all HR matters, with a key focus on proactively managing and providing advice to managers in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management, leading recruitment campaigns and talent development, to drive an improved performance culture and ensuring compliance and best practice.
Lead resourcing activities to ensure the company has colleagues with the right skills and capabilities to achieve its business objectives. Including Recruitment co-ordination, the development of job descriptions and person specifications, shortlisting and interviewing and ensuring the headcount remains within the budget/forecast numbers.
- Work in close partnership with leaders to develop skills matrix and training plans to provide the skills requirements required to deliver current business needs and achieve long-term requirements.
- Manage the Talent Development and Succession planning process through the business, ensuring there are successors and development plans in place for key roles.
- Lead the Goodwill committee to drive regular charity and community fundraising events through the business.
- Gather and evaluate market data to measure the competitiveness for salary reviews, compensation and benefits packages.
- Work closely with line managers to address performance related concerns, to drive a performance culture throughout the business.
- Coach leaders and provide advice on Employment Law and potential employee relations concerns to avoid issues arising and achieve a high engagement culture.
- Where necessary, manage employee relations issues, providing advice, recommendations and assisting with all preparations on areas such as dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy as necessary.
- Work with managers to proactively manage, investigate and understand causes for staff absences, recommending solutions to resolve attendance difficulties, using occupational health and taking disciplinary action where appropriate and using metrics to measure results and drive a reduction where needed.
- Attend the monthly Management Business Review meeting, managing the HR KPI's and producing departmental slides as required, taking action where appropriate to make sure they remain and they continue to achieve and exceed the pre-agreed targets;
- Ensure the business operates within the guidelines set down by Corporate for benefits related matters, including but not limited to, company cars, medical insurance, pension scheme entitlements, salary guidance levels.
To be successful we are looking for the following skills:
- A true generalist with good employee relations background
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A track record of dealing with comprehensive employee relations matters such as disciplinary, absence management, performance management, redundancy and grievance issues.
- A track record of producing HR metrics
- Proven understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and employer best practice
- Proven track record of use of Microsoft Office skills
- Strong administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy both with the written word and with numeracy.