Job vacancy - Support Engineer
Position: Support Engineer
Location: West Wickham
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
We require a Support Engineer on a permanent full-time contract, this is an office-based role.
- Support the business from a Hands On Engineering perspective to include: BoM checks and sign off, condition assessments, job pack creation, engineering changes, concessions, preparation for overhaul projects, preparation for FAIs, fault investigation and diagnosis, warranty claim investigation, problem solving, creating method statements, creating component overhaul instructions, test procedures, conduct material analysis and comparisons, report compilation and reviewing, design tooling, etc (list is indicative but not exhaustive).
- Manage warranty investigations as required including conducting the investigation, interacting with customers and suppliers, writing the investigation report, drawing conclusions on the failure, making recommendations for follow-up actions, and ensuring actions are implemented/ carried out.
- Produce technical reports in accordance with company/client requirements.
- Create engineering change and concession / Production Permit requests as required. Manage the document and issue to conclusion as required.
- Support VTGB's internal customers - Sales, Projects, Production, Purchasing, Operations, Shop Floor, Quality, etc, as required.
- Provide engineering expertise for the company in the analysis and signing of concessions and engineering changes.
- Produce Method statements and Test procedures as required.
- To carry out other functions broadly consistent with the role when required.
- Support the Head of Engineering and Quality in setting and upholding the standards.
We would love to speak to anyone for the Support Engineer, with the following experience:
- Experienced engineer with (as a minimum) an HNC/HND qualification (or equivalent) in a mechanically biased engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years professional engineering experience, with a good balance of general engineering, testing, problem solving, technical process writing (method statements, overhaul instructions), condition assessments, technical investigations, and task management.
- Knowledge of various industries ranging from Mobility (Rail and Marine), Power Oil and Gas, aviation, etc, sectors.
- Knowledge of mechanical driveline and connecting products and systems (gearboxes, cardan shafts, highly flexible couplings, rail couplers, cooler groups, etc) is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of BS 8888 technical product documentation and specification.
- 5 Working week.
- 20 days holiday (pro rata).
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining).
- Life Assurance 3 x salary.
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER.
- Salary/Bonus Sacrifice.
- Private Health Care.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Other Benefits.