Job vacancy - Materials Manager
Position: Materials Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Title: Materials Manager
Do you have Proven Team management, problem solving and continuous improvement experience? Do you have experience in a materials management role using and/or implementing ERP systems within a project based or low volume manufacturing environment?
Materials Manager required around Oxford
OTE: upto £45,000
Location: around Oxford
To manage all aspects of the materials function, including receipt of engineering packs and ERP setup; identification of suppliers; price negotiation, purchase and expediting; goods receiving; storage of materials; issue of materials kits to production and the timely shipping of goods.
The Role of Materials Manager
- Day to day management of the materials team and assigning of work priorities.
- Identifying resource and training needs and carrying out development reviews.
- Inputting parts, bills of materials, work orders and routings into the ERP system; checking all data for completeness and accuracy.
- Managing MRP process to ensure timely receipt of all materials.
- Raising and authorising purchase orders within agreed financial limits.
- Ensuring that manufacturing information packs and materials are issued to production teams in line with project requirements; expediting shortages as required.
- Manage material inventory levels within financial constraints, whilst ensuring timely provision to meet production demands.
- Select new and existing suppliers based on assessment of capability/capacity, previous delivery/quality performance and price negotiation.
- Work with Project Leaders and Sales to ensure that the appropriate suppliers are selected for high value and business critical parts and services.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that quality, cost and delivery objectives are met.
- Stores and Shipping
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Materials Manager application?
- Proven team management skills, including task delegation, staff development, performance management, problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Experience in a materials management role using and/or implementing ERP systems within a project based or low volume manufacturing environment
- Commercial and negotiating skills and experience of working within an ISO 9001 Quality Management System
If you would like to learn more about the role of sales executive Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Materials Manager If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Materials Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Materials Manager It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Materials Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Materials Manager role you desire.