Job vacancy - Geophysical Software Developer
Position: Geophysical Software Developer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
Title: Geophysical Software Developer
Do you have experience of using C/C++? Do you have Debugging experience?
Geophysical Software Developer
Working within the Applications Development team the Graduate Geophysical Software Developer will be responsible for applications development, inclusive of design, development, improvements and supporting cutting edge imaging solutions.
The Role of Geophysical Software Developer
- Design, develop, improve and support cutting edge image solutions
- Ensure efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of core software
- Develop and maintain libraries, shared components and technologies used for high end geophysical data processing
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in large scale development and deployment projects
What are the key (minimum) requirements for a successful Geophysical Software Developer application?
- MSc degree or higher in Computer Science, Computing, Programming, High Performance Computing, Geophysics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Maths or another field with an emphasis on programming
- Experience of using C/C++
- Object Oriented / API / UNIX / POSIX Programming (desirable but not essential)
- Profile optimising (desirable but not essential)
- Server Programming (desirable but not essential)
- Algorithms (desirable but not essential)
- Fortran experience (desirable but not essential)
- Perforce (or other source control management software) (desirable but not essential)
- PL/SQL (desirable but not essential)
- Kernals or multi thread programming (desirable but not essential)
If you would like to learn more about the role Apply Today and we will be in touch!
ACS are recruiting for a Geophysical Software Developer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Geophysical Software Developer please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Geophysical Software Developer It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Geophysical Software Developer with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Geophysical Software Developer role you desire.